grub-devel

Re: Console Resolution with GRUB2

From: Chris Murphy
Subject: Re: Console Resolution with GRUB2
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 22:32:07 -0700

On Feb 4, 2013, at 9:35 PM, "D.J.J. Ring, Jr." <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I thought I'd post here as my post is not exactly help, but that also will be
> welcome.
>
> Prior to GRUB2 it was quite easy to change virtual console resolution.
>
> There are some of us who still use console without  X windows.  One such
> group is older persons who cannot see at anything except 640x480 resolution.

Well technically that's a terrible resolution for reading due to pixelization.
The better way to deal with this is setting a larger font size for the higher
resolution of the display. I can't even think of any laptop or desktop LCD's
with a native resolution of 640x480. So to force it to a lower, and thus
non-native resolution, makes the problem worse.

Chris Murphy