grub-devel

Re: Mac OS X entries don't work (fail or crash), part 2

From: Chris Murphy
Subject: Re: Mac OS X entries don't work (fail or crash), part 2
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 11:18:59 -0700

OK so now for the kernel panic problem. I've fixed the modules not found
problem by eliminating the JHFS+ ESP, and using the correct FAT32 ESP. After
mounting that, grub-install creates a new grubx64.efi which points to a
location that contains all GRUB modules. I've also used grub-mkconfig to
produce a grub.cfg.

When I choose either the OS X 32-bit or 64-bit options, I get a pause for 10
seconds with a black screen, and then a kernel panic.

The grub.cfg is here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3253801/grub.cfg

The kernel panic photo is here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3253801/IMG_2220.jpg