grub-devel

RE: FW: grub-efi with latest mac mini

From: John Frankish
Subject: RE: FW: grub-efi with latest mac mini
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 12:09:57 +0000

Ah - OK, I think we're reaching the point where this is becoming too much like
hard work.

> > This is a mid-2011 mac mini server.
> >
> > There's one graphics output (hdmi) unless you count the thunderbolt(?)
> > connector
>
> Is it possible to have different outputs on thunderbolt and hdmi?

I'm afraid I don't know - I don't have any thunderbolt hardware and I have not
seen anything in the apple docs on the subject.
I mostly use the mac mini with linux

> > So we're saying that I cannot boot the mac mini into linux using grub2-
> efi/linux-3.0.21 as things stand today?
>
> Do you really expect to run somewhat old kernel (3.0.21) on the hardware
> featuring newest bugs? I'd recommend using 3.3 at least.

Well 3.0.21 is more recent than the hardware, but OK.

Thanks for your help on this, I think I'll leave this where we are for the
moment.