grub-devel

Re: grub-probe seems to be having problems

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: grub-probe seems to be having problems
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 09:53:41 -0500

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 12:37:17AM +0100, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:
> 2 and 3 actually. But if it didn't notice this it wouldn't be able
> to read them in the first place.

Oh yeah partition 1 is PReP boot.

> I couldn't replicate it on my newly-installed debian squeeze since
> for some strange reason I can't launch kpartx (and /dev/mapper is
> missing)

> Couldn't reproduce it. Can you check that you don't have any changes
> in your tree compared with HEAD?

Well what I did was:

cd grub
bzr pull
cd ..
cp grub grub2-1.99+20120308
cp -a debian grub2-1.99+20120308/
cd grub2-1.99+20120308
edit debian/changelog for new date stamp
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b

I only have a few of Debian's patches enabled, none of which touch the
source code, only the grub-mkconfig and /etc/grub.d/ files.

So yes it has to have been clean.

It compiles without warnings though, which is nice.

--
Len Sorensen