grub-devel

Re: Various build failures in current bzr tree

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: Various build failures in current bzr tree
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 15:56:03 -0500

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 03:50:45PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> grub-install also still (as reported about 2 years ago) tries to use
> $grub_device rather than $install_device when getting the partition
> table type.
>
> However, I did now manage to boot after fixing that.
>
> So there is a chance I can make a patch to fix grub-install soon so it
> actually works on IBM power systems.  Given I have a production machine
> and a new machine around for a few days I can experiment until it
> is right.

Is this supposed to work:

address@hidden:~# /usr/sbin/grub-probe --device /dev/md0 --target=abstraction
diskfilter mdraid1x
address@hidden:~# /usr/sbin/grub-probe --device /dev/md1 --target=abstraction
/usr/sbin/grub-probe: error: Couldn't find PV (null). Check your device.map.

md0 is raid1, md1 is raid5, but with a missing device at the moment.

Does grub-probe not work if the raid5 isn't fully healthy?

--
Len Sorensen