grub-devel

Re: AFS and BFS removed. Unacceptable license.

From: Dee Sharpe
Subject: Re: AFS and BFS removed. Unacceptable license.
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 14:06:34 -0500

On 10/29/2011 10:37 AM, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
On 29.10.2011 17:22, Dee Sharpe wrote:
Ok, so I'd assume that the AFS driver needs to be rewritten. Is it absolutely
mandatory that copyright be assigned to the FSF?

They need to be rewritten. Assignment can be discussed. I've already
done a part of BFS (using "practical file system design" book as a
reference) and since AFS is similar it can use same file with some
defines. So it should
Actually if you want to help what I need the most is the way of mkfs and
write to AFS (or as a variant something which already generates AFS with
files on it like xorriso can do for iso9660) for automated testing purposes.
It has to run on my testing system (Debian GNU/Linux)
Ok, I will see what I can find. I'm sure that this stuff is in the repo, it's just a matter of me finding where it's located.

--

Dee Sharpe

The difference between what IS done
&  what COULD be done is relational to
what you ARE doing&  what you COULD be doing!