grub-devel

Re: Grub2 can not detect usb disk

From: Cui Lei
Subject: Re: Grub2 can not detect usb disk
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:11:54 +0800

Hi Vladimir, I have not received you reply for some days. I think you must be very busy, so I did some works on my own way.
I tested dozens of versions between r2249 and r3229. I found that most of them can boot my machine with "--with-platform=multiboot" option rather than "--with-platform=coreboot" option. The latest one I used is r3200, I think it should
support usb device nicely. I added usb.mod uhci.mod usbms.mod usbtest.mod into the image(payload.elf), but it can not detect
my usb disk stilly. But if I plug a usb stick into my board after booting into the grub shell( grub> ), I get these message:

/*********************************************************************************/
	grub> bus/usb/usbhub.c:208: total=250

	bus/usb/usbtrans.c:93: control: reqtype=0x80 req=0x06 val=0x100 idx=0x00

	size=8

	bus/usb/usbtrans.c:120: control: transfer = 0x7fe4cec0, dev = 0x7fe36ea0

	bus/usb/usbtrans.c:187: control: err=7

I looked at the source code and found err7 is time out error, I don't know how to fix it.
I need your help and anyone's advices. It is long time I have spended on this project. So look forward to your replay.
Thank you in advance.

BRs,

Rock.

I have read the source code about the mmap of grub and of corebootV4, I found that the size of their table header struct are not same, and I think ,in the file "mmap.c" of grub2,on the 53rd line, the offset of the first table item may be error.

BRs,
Rock.