grub-devel

Integrating grub2tc into upstream GRUB

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Integrating grub2tc into upstream GRUB
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 14:28:20 +0200

Hello, I've had a look into your grub2tc project and I think it can be
successfully changed into a GRUB2 module. extract.rb would need to be
rewritten in C. tcloader.S would mostly disappear and be replaced with a
small C code to set the registers and load the file. Could you tell me
the expected load address and register values? Also current license
prohibits direct use of your code in GRUB2. Could you drop the Affero
clause? IT's useful mainly for network-based projects.
Also a possibility is to dump the contents of MBR gap on grub-setup and
if it's a truecrypt loader, save it in a file. Do you know of any
signature which can be used for this? This way we can integrate
truecrypt into grub-mkconfig.
Thank you in advance

--
Regards