grub-devel

Re: Detect the motherboard model or especifc device in GRUB

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: Detect the motherboard model or especifc device in GRUB
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 14:45:11 +0100

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 09:56:28AM -0300, address@hidden wrote:
> its possible execute a bash script on grub commando line? (option
> "c" on grub), to be more especificle a have two motherboards and i
> need to detect her before the kernel is loaded,
>
> the bash script for example verify with "lspci" and make a "choice"
> in to menu.lst, and booting the kernel for especificle hardware

No, bash is not available in GRUB.  However, the GRUB command line has a
syntax quite similar to bash, and you can use it to perform conditional
operations.

At present, though, I don't think there's a way to use PCI configuration
information in a GRUB script condition.  Perhaps there's something else
you can base the decision on?