grub-devel

Re: Example theme mentioned in manual

From: Jordan Uggla
Subject: Re: Example theme mentioned in manual
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 19:19:55 -0800

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Matt Sturgeon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was looking atthe GRUB Manual (1.99) trying to work out how to install a
> theme, and I noticed in the first section of chapter 6 a
> "docs/example_theme" mentioned which I cannot find anyware. Ive looked in
> Bazaar repos, and downstream (Ubuntu) source/binary packages (I couldnt find
> the upstream source for 1.99).
>
> So, this could be a bug - example_theme not packaged - or it could be
> another - incorrect referance in manual.
>
> Also is there no official GRUB Theme? If I had an example_theme I'd be happy
> to develop an official theme.

An official GRUB theme would be great! For example themes see
http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/grub-extras/themes.tgz
as well as http://apebox.org/wordpress/linux/261/. Make sure to be
careful about the licence of any components of the theme (images,
required fonts, etc).

--
Jordan Uggla (Jordan_U on irc.freenode.net)