grub-devel

cache drawn entries in draw_menu

From: Jason Butler
Subject: cache drawn entries in draw_menu
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 20:08:50 -0700 (PDT)

I was speaking with phcoder on IRC about gfxmenu/gui_list.c finction draw_menu.
He says it should only redraw 2 entries and cahe drawn entries, and that most
drawings should be done to a separate target.

To implement this I think I need more information.

draw_menu uses the function grub_video_blit_bitmap to output the entry icon and
title to the video adapter. Which entries should be cached and which redrawn?
What target should most drawing be done to? If its not the video adapter then
wont it not be displayed?