grub-devel

Re: [Patch] [bug #26237] multiple problems with usb devices

From: Aleš Nesrsta
Subject: Re: [Patch] [bug #26237] multiple problems with usb devices
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 19:16:18 +0200

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> Aleš Nesrsta wrote:
> > I will look into yeeloongfw branch, I got Bazaar working yesterday
> > evening only... I agree with You, first should be solved known problems
> > on simple base.
> > Unfortunately, I probably cannot help You as I don't have GEODE or
> > Yeeloong... I can hope only that my corrections would help You or
> > inspire You in some other ways.
> > For me were very "disgusting", unexpected and hard to find problems with
> > short max. packet size on control pipe and problem with toggling bulk
> > transfers when EP have numbers 0x01 and 0x81.
> >

> Forgot to mention: on Yeeloong the value you write into  registers
> expecting the memory address is not the same as the value of the pointer
> so simple cast won't work. You need to use dma32_alloc, dma_get_virt and
> dma_get_phys functions.

Hi,

it is interesting - why on Yeeloong only ? Why it is not needed on
"normal" GRUB ?

And another idea - could be there some problem with PCI memory mapped
register access caching ? Some Linux drivers uses so called "barrier"
when doing access to PCI memory to be sure that previous access was
really done - could be there such case ?

Best regards
Ales