grub-devel

Re: How to prepare an ISO 9660 CD for booting via GRUB ?

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: How to prepare an ISO 9660 CD for booting via GRUB ?
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 16:55:13 +0200

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> /usr/include/sys/cygwin.h:typedef unsigned long __uid32_t;
>> So you need to use %lu or %lx on cygwin.
>>

> Ahum.
> Although "(int)" would technically suffice and
> "(unsigned long)" would suffice for all known
> cases, i ponder whether i should use
>   "%.f", (double) ...

double would make no sense. long long int would cover all the cases.
Good news is that now warning is gone.

I'm looking now into efi booting and (thanks Seth Goldberg for pointing
to right doc and explaining it a bit) it's basically standard no-emul
eltorito except:
platform_id[0] = 0xef;
No isolinux patching (could this one be disabled by default?)
load_sectors should be set to the size of whole image instead of just 4
sectors (I think it should be the case for normal eltorito as well but
since many BIOSes bug with >4 sectors it's not that important).
Can we have a --efi-boot <image> option which will do this?

On another note: can it be ensured that boot images and files boot/grub
directory? I've come across a bug which seems to be triggered by images
being after 2GiB mark on DVD.

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko