grub-devel

Re: Disable grub2 from writing to HDD

From: Casey McGinty
Subject: Re: Disable grub2 from writing to HDD
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 03:06:34 -1000

Thanks, I looked at it. But making the change you suggest is not clear. I only see where timeout is set to -1. How do you specify a boot target in this case? Anyway, I think i'm set with the first suggestion.

2010/3/31 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden>
Casey McGinty wrote:
> Allas, the data being written is "recordfail", which causes problems
> on a headless system.

recordfail main use is exactly the headless system. Just default ubuntu
on boot failure shows the menu but on headless you should make it point
to surely working kernel. Have a look at  /etc/grub.d/00_header