grub-devel

Re: Re: [patch] GRUB possible patches

From: gburanov
Subject: Re: Re: [patch] GRUB possible patches
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 02:41:46 -0500

> First part applied
Thanks!

> Please don't put unrelated patches into single file. Fast look on the
> joliet.c of mkisofs suggests that it's not the case for its joliet. It
> seems there is more to it. Can you find some normative documents?

I searched a bit and found the following information:
Doc: http://www.transelectro.ru/technology/standard/joliet_spec.htm
In the documentation:

"Simply put, SEPARATOR 1 and SEPARATOR 2 shall be expanded to 16-bits".

SEPARATOR 2 is ';' - which is used signify the version number of a file.

About mkisofs - it seems it's just their implementation of joilet, they can use
or not use versioning
See this topic

> We use only C-style comments
Ok, I will create new patch soon