grub-devel

Re: Building Grub2 manual?

From: Bruce Dubbs
Subject: Re: Building Grub2 manual?
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 19:46:06 -0600

BandiPat wrote:
Quick question guys! I notice there is a grub.texi file that is suppose to be built as a grub.info.gz during the build, which gives you the new manual?

I'm not getting that with my build. Now maybe I don't have a program installed it needs to make that conversion, but I do not get any complaints from the build about something missing. I do get an odd empty /boot/info directory though, but this probably doesn't have anything to do with the manual build.

Normally there is a manual file in different form which creates something you can read using the "man grub" command, but it appears you guys went another way?

I'm working on the documentation, but it's not very close to a point where I can submit it yet. I intend to be able to have html, man and info files available from the .texi base.

In the meantime, I'd recommend browsing the wiki.

http://grub.enbug.org/

  -- Bruce