grub-devel

Re: Announcing GRUB 1.97.2

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Announcing GRUB 1.97.2
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 19:48:21 +0100

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 07:36:51PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
>   - A number of header declarations had their copyright/license headers
>     missing.  They had been imported in GRUB Legacy many years ago, and
>     recently found their way into the 1.97 release.

The files in question were imported by Bean in early 2008.  He apparently
relied on the existing license header being correct and replaced it with
GPLv3 one.  It's not his fault that it wasn't, but he should have notified it.

Please remember to always check with the maintainers [1] before importing code
from GRUB Legacy (or any other source).

[1] Well, that'd be with me, since Pavel resigned and Marco and Okuji are not
    active anymore...

--
Robert Millan

  "Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Gandhi