grub-devel

Re: gettext: normal_menu.c

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: gettext: normal_menu.c
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 02:17:48 +0100

Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Nov/28/2009, Robert Millan wrote:
>
>> Please remember about spaces in our coding style:
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 12:21:28PM +0000, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
>>
>>> +      next_new_line = (grub_uint32_t*)last_position;
>>>
>>                                        ^ ^
>>
>>> +      while (getstringwidth(current_position,next_new_line) > line_len
>>>
>>                               ^                 ^
>> etc.  If in doubt, use indent(1).
>>

> Attached the new patch. Comments are welcomed.
>
> The original normal/* files are not indent consistent. So I:
> 1.- copied the files to old/
> 2.- applied the patch to the original files and copy to new/
> 3.- indent old/* and new/*
> 4.- diff -p -u old/ new/
>
> For next time: what you think to make a patch + ChangeLog entry and
> push to trunk and then another push with the changes to the
> indent-compliant files?

If you find badly-indented files and you know nobody else is working on
those files right now (e.g. no changes on it in experimental) you can
indent them in the trunk without mentionning it on the list. If you're
aware of people working on these files notify them. Also check that
indent didn't make the things worse and add a Changlog entry like
YYYY-MM-DD  .....

          * <file>: Indented.