grub-devel

Personal branches in Bazaar repository

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Personal branches in Bazaar repository
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:20:25 +0200

Now that I have a bit more time, I explain about my own GRUB branches.  They
live in:

  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub/people/robertmh

and consist of a few pieces of unfinished work I used to have scattered around
my filesystem.

If others find it convenient to host their own branches at Savannah, they
may do that with e.g.

  username=foo

  bzr branch sftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/grub/trunk/
  # hack
  bzr commit
  bzr push --remember sftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/grub/people/${username}

If they prefer a Subversion-like workflow (i.e. commit implies push), they can
checkout the branch afterwards:

  bzr checkout sftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/grub/people/${username}

and work basically the same as they would in Subversion.

--
Robert Millan