grub-devel

Re: Feature Request: 32-bit mem write and 'setpci -s' type command in me

From: Nando
Subject: Re: Feature Request: 32-bit mem write and 'setpci -s' type command in menu.lst
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 00:53:45 +1100

Hi Vlad,

Thank you for this! Just what I was looking for. With pciexbar I'll be able to do the equivalent of setpci by calculating the addresses needing memory writes.

Another question -  is there any "write_dump" sort of command where  I can give an address, a file and it writes the binary data of the file at the starting address up to the EOF marker? Would help overcome my mPCIe whitelisting where i have a DOS workaround in place to do exactly that. I see there is hexdump and dump but neither appear to provide such function. If it doesn't exist, can a request be made to add it? eg:

write_dump ADDRESS FILE
eg: write_dump 0xF8000000  dump_file

Nando

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden> wrote: