grub-devel

Re: [GITGRUB] Support PXE option and new command pxecfg

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: [GITGRUB] Support PXE option and new command pxecfg
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 23:05:48 +0200

Am Freitag, den 16.10.2009, 19:30 +0200 schrieb Vladimir 'phcoder'
Serbinenko:
> >> We need an improvement to test command then. What about having
> >> test <string> -regexp <regexp>
> >>

> > I think that's a little overkill, regular expression parser can be
> > quite complex.
> >

> We don't need to reinvent the wheel. We can import regexp parser from
> GNU sed

Would it be really that useful to have full regexp support inside GRUB?
I can't currently imagine a case where I'd use that.
Shouldn't be just normal shell wildcards (? and *) be enough?

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer and GNU GRUB developer