grub-devel

Re: Patch for export IP addresses from PXE into grub2 enviroment variabl

From: Seth Goldberg
Subject: Re: Patch for export IP addresses from PXE into grub2 enviroment variables
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:53:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

That's actually not sufficient -- we need the entire DHCPACK to be passed (somehow) to the loading kernel. I've discussed this a bit with phcoder, and he suggested adding another member to the multiboot structure off of which we can hang the DHCPACK packet. The environment variables may also have value, for other OSes that don't use multiboot.

 --S