grub-devel

Re: grub-mkconfig fails on every non i386-pc because of gfxterm/vbe

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: grub-mkconfig fails on every non i386-pc because of gfxterm/vbe
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:54:19 -0400

On Sun, 2009-08-23 at 13:03 +0200, Robert Millan wrote:

> Pavel, if you could confirm that you're ok with checking for module
> existance, maybe Felix' patch can be made simpler.

Generally, I would prefer not to rely on the existence of modules, as
it's a poor substitute for the knowledge whether they are actually
functional on the target hardware.

But if that's the simplest approach and it solves the original problem
with all architectures other than i386-pc, then I'm fine with it.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin