grub-devel

Lua scripts for booting LiveCD iso files

From: Ron
Subject: Lua scripts for booting LiveCD iso files
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 17:01:10 +0200

Hi,

I've written two lua scripts that can automatically detect and boot
LiveCD iso files. I'm using these scripts on my USB-Stick, so I can just
put the LiveCD iso file on it and use it and don't have to use the
different LiveCD to USB tools, which often not allow more than one Live
System on one USB-Stick.

The first script listisos.lua lists all iso files in a specific folder.
The folder can be specified with an environment variable "isofolder" or
if it is not set it looks in "/boot/isos".

The second script bootiso.lua actually boots an iso file specified with
the "isofile" environment variable and is used for the menuentries that
the listisos.lua script creates. The following LiveCD types are
currently supported:

      * Grml
      * Sidux
      * Ubuntu