grub-devel

Re: Extra Screen?

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: Extra Screen?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:54:26 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 16.06.2009, 11:18 -0400 schrieb BandiPat:
> Hi all,
> An odd screen started to show up from build svn2235 that I had not seen
> before when starting my computers.  Just after the Loading Grub2 &
> Welcome to Grub2 comments, there appears a 4 or 5 line text screen
> mentioning something about Bash.   It only appears for a brief few
> seconds, then goes to the menu/bootloader screen, but I had not seen
> that before 2235.  I'm using 2322 now with the same thing.

r2235 just renamed one function and changed a bit the header files. I
doubt it's the reason for it.
I just paid attention to this in VMware and get the same behaviour.
But I can't remember if that was always the case or not.

>  From what I can gather, because it appears so briefly, is that it's
> describing that you can use this to edit or something else about bash?
> Like I said, it's too brief to catch much of it.  I get the feeling this
> has been there for a long time, but normally passed by so quickly going
> to the bootloader screen, nobody saw it?

Just press `c' to go to command line and you can see more clearly what
it says.

> Can someone enlighten me?  Should it appear or not or?

I don't know if it's possible (well without changing the code much) to
not display it when there's a valid menuenetry in the config.
--
Felix Zielcke