grub-devel

Re: status grub2 port of grub-legasy map command

From: Javier Martín
Subject: Re: status grub2 port of grub-legasy map command
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 22:41:12 +0200

El lun, 01-06-2009 a las 11:53 +0200, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
escribió:
> > Hmm... from those docs, and accepting that we ignore TSRs, we need to
> > save %ah and %dl at handler entry, then check the saved %ah at exit,
> > like the old handler from GRUB Legacy did - by the way, when writing the
> > new handler, I asked what that code did and noone was able to tell me ¬¬
> I've the check before calling original handler. Let's hope it makes
> code more readable.
Personally, I don't think the readability gain is so big to offset the
code size increase, but this is just a single opinion. I think the other
part of the patch should be committed right now, though.

--
-- Lazy, Oblivious, Recurrent Disaster -- Habbit