grub-devel

Re: porting Grub to Xen

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: Re: porting Grub to Xen
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 00:38:56 +0200

Ferenc Wagner <address@hidden> writes:

> my misguided attempts to go through grub-emu and kexec.

Just to clear up a possible miscommunication: the above kexec doesn't
have too much to do with the Linux kexec mechanism.  Rather, it's a
separate implementation to fully replace some software running in a
paravirtual domain with another.  It isn't necessarily Linux specific,
though there aren't too many paravitual OS-es yet.  Its author
explicitly suggested its use in Grub, so relicensing shouldn't be a
problem (similarly for MiniOS), but I asked for clarification.
--
Thanks,
Feri.