grub-devel

Re: Grub2 svn2059

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: Grub2 svn2059
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 08:19:01 -0400

step21 wrote:
Hey, just a wild guess, but I think boot.mod got dropped and the boot
command is now included in minicmd.mod
So maybe your build script needs to be adjusted for that, to copy that
one to the right place? Not familiar with grub2 booting on i386/bios
though anymore, so just a guess.
This could be a very good guess on your part! Looking at the 2031 build, I see the boot.mod, but do not see that in the 2059 build. So how should this be handled in the build? Add a symlink to minicmd.mod with a boot.mod or something else. Shouldn't the new Grub2 know to look at minicmd.mod instead of boot.mod?

I'll try with the symlink to test your theory, but this seems like a bug to me, if that is the case?

...still testing
Pat