grub-devel

Re: Grub2 svn2059

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Grub2 svn2059
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 18:19:34 -0400

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 17:00 -0400, BandiPat wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Help a Grub2 novice out please.  I try to keep up with most of the
> changes you guys make, but I've either missed something or there is a
> problem with the latest svn release, listed in the subject.

Why are you writing that?  Did any previous revision work for you?

> Upon building the package for Zenwalk, installing, then running
> grub-install, I rebooted the machine to test.  I got the "Welcome to
> Grub2" then an error!
> error:  the symbol 'grub_command_list not found
> Entering Rescue mode...

I cannot reproduce that problem with revision 2059.  Please give details
how exactly you built and installed GRUB.

> What happened?

GRUB cannot find some module, probably "minicmd".  Please post the
output of "ls" and "set".  Perhaps "prefix" points to an undetected
device.

>   Did I fail to build it correctly?

I don't know.  You message doesn't indicate any build failures.

>   Is this an actual
> error or failing with Grub2 svn2059?

I don't understand your question.

>   Do I need to change something in
> the grub.cfg?  I await your instructions.

It looks like the failure happens before grub.cfg is loaded, so the
contents of grub.cfg is irrelevant at that stage.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin