grub-devel

Re: [Bugfix] Characters disappearing in gfxterm [fix committed]

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: [Bugfix] Characters disappearing in gfxterm [fix committed]
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:27:40 -0400

Colin D Bennett wrote:
[...]
There is still one other problem that remains with the cursor on the
menu entry editor, but it seems to be separate:  When the menu entry
editor is entered, (hit 'e' on a menu entry), the cursor initially does
not show up.  You have to move the cursor to make it show up.  However,
it does show up immediately when you enter the GRUB command line (hit
'c'), so I think it may have to do with the menu entry editor's way of
using the terminal--it will need more exploration.

Regards,
Colin

Thanks Colin, I just tested this with the latest svn 2031 where it seems to be working as you describe. The cursor is not immediately viewable, but upon moving it, appears. Otherwise it works fine, so thanks for the fix. As you mentioned, I don't know if it's the perfect fix, but it does nothing strange and works for making editing easier.

Regards,
Pat

--
       ---Zenwalk v6.0--Linux 2.6.28---