grub-devel

Set an LVM volume as default root device

From: Aesir
Subject: Set an LVM volume as default root device
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 18:55:09 +0100

Hi everyone,

while discovering the beauties of grub2 I'm trying to get a working setup with
/boot partition on LVM. Unfortunately until now to boot this system I had to
set root device and prefix "by hand" from the rescue shell. In fact, while the
working values should be

root (vg0-boot)
prefix (vg0-boot)/grub

the ones that grub2 uses by default are

root (hd0)
prefix (hd0)/grub

I haven't figured out yet how to change that default value, even reading
grub-setup help I couldn't find it out. I would be really pleased if someone
could help me.

Sorry if this is a silly question, hope for your comprehension :-)

Thanks!

--
Maurizio Longari <address@hidden>