grub-devel

advise on grub-soc?

From: liu Aleaxander
Subject: advise on grub-soc?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 23:25:33 +0800

Hi, All.
I'm new to soc, also new to grub. This year is the first time i have heard about google-soc.That attracted me, for may be i can also something to open soft. So i looked all the metoring organizations on the soc-2008, then I chosed grub. Because this is what i love.

The google soc is coming soon, and I'm just a newbie to grub; the whole grub code is huge to me, i can't take this down in a short days or even in months.

For now, C language  is what i can do to my best. and some assemble language knowledge that should help me having no problems in understanding the asm code. and i owned my own kernel, it just a hobby. So i would also know something about computer low level things.

is there any hope for me to participate the grub-soc ?
if there are, please tell me more informations about grub(the grub's wiki isn't enough), such as how can i know the grub more and more since days coming,  what part is a MUST  that i must know or what part isn't a must that i mustn't know.

Preciated for all the replies.