grub-devel

Re: Move BSD and multiboot boot helper out of the kernel to their respec

From: phcoder
Subject: Re: Move BSD and multiboot boot helper out of the kernel to their respective modules
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 00:05:43 +0100

This is small enough that it could make sense to use inline asm instead,
so we can avoid a separate file.  What do you think?
I agree with this. Actually in similar place in my xnu booting I used 4 lines of inline assembly. The only reason I kept it in .S is that I was in one of my lazy states. In few days I'll send two patches with your suggestions
Also, it'd be better if you can submit two separate patches, one for BSD
and one for Multiboot.

Thanks
Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko