grub-devel

Framebuffer address and kernel video mode

From: phcoder
Subject: Framebuffer address and kernel video mode
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 21:44:59 +0100

Hello. First of all some good news: I managed to boot xnu kernel. To do so I need to set it to video mode and pass video mode info to kernel. Now I do it in adapter-specific way which is bad and ugly. So I would like to propose an interface to set video mode before loading kernel and then retrieve information: For this I propose to put grub_gfxterm_init lines 253 (modevar = grub_env_get ("gfxmode"))-482 (grub_video_fill_rect (...)) into video.c as
grub_video_setup_by_var (char *varname)
The informations I need is:

framebuffer address, bytes_per_scan_line, resolution, color depth

Unfortunately framebuffer_address and bytes_per_scanline is missing from struct grub_video_mode_info. I propose to add it to this structure

Thanks
Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko