grub-devel

Re: grub 1.96 svn 20080813 and circular lvm2 metadata

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: grub 1.96 svn 20080813 and circular lvm2 metadata
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:31:54 +0200

Am Freitag, den 29.08.2008, 11:00 +0200 schrieb Hans Lambermont:

> Please find the patch attached, this was tested with circular metadata
> and the segfault in grub-setup is gone and the system boots fine.

I just forwarded it now to the reporters of these 2 Debian bugs I
mentioned. I hope they try it out soon and reply if it helps for them.

Thanks again to your colleague and you.

> > Because GRUB is a GNU project, you have to obey the GNU Coding Standards [1]
>
> Ok, I hope I got it right. If not please let me know.

Oh it seems I forgot you to tell you 2 things ;)
The Changelog entry should be seperate, i.e. not a diff against the
actual ChangeLog file but you can have it above inside your patch
For example here my last small patch send to the list

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2008-08/txtUBorY42rw2.txt

Second please use `svn diff --diff-cmd diff -x -up' so the C function
name is printed inside the diff.

2008-08-28 Hans Lambermont <address@hidden> (tiny change)

Yep, GCS mentions this `tiny change' but it's never used in GRUB's
ChangeLog.

+  metadatabuf = grub_malloc (2*mda_size);

should be (2 * mda_size)

+      grub_memcpy(metadatabuf + mda_size, metadatabuf + mdah->start,

again another space missing

Except of this it looks fine for me, but I just started to contribute to
GRUB and in fact my C experience isn't that great either.
And I only started to use LVM for bugs in GRUB.

No need to send another patch just for these little changes, better just
wait a few days for comments from the others and if nobody replies then
feel free to bring it up again with a 2nd patch :)

--
Felix Zielcke