grub-devel

Re: grub-probe fails to find PC partition due to Apple disklabel

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: grub-probe fails to find PC partition due to Apple disklabel
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:33:48 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 27.07.2008, 21:53 +0200 schrieb Felix Zielcke:

> Wipe a disk, then make an apple partition, and then make msdos
> partitions and make a filesystem on it.
> Just like it probable was as you reported the bug initially.

Urm I forgot:
probable better if you make also an apple filesystem on it
and check your device.map that it's right and has an try for the /dev/
you're testing with.
grub-mkdevicemap makes a new one if you don't want to run grub-install
--recheck
The best would be a real test, not something constructed
So grabbing a harddisk used on an apple and then overwriting it with a
msdos partition scheme and linux filesystem and having linux installed
on it
So basicly as I already said in my mail before:
Almost the same situation as you had as you reported the bug :)