grub-devel

Re: Can grub2 support c++ module?

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Can grub2 support c++ module?
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 00:09:10 -0400

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 10:22 +0800, y.volta wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I just wondering, can grub2 support module coded with c++? Let's suppose
> we are trying to apply the fancy menu. ;-)

I think it can be done, but you'll need to disable exception handling
and RTTI.  You won't be able to use any C++ libraries.  The build system
will need to be changed to call C++ compiler when needed.

Still, I think it would be an overkill.  C is quite good for large
projects if used properly.  Linux is fine with C.  C also has checkers
such as sparse, but I'm not aware of C++ equivalents.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin