grub-devel

Latest LVM/RAID patch in CVS

From: Guntsche Michael
Subject: Latest LVM/RAID patch in CVS
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 17:39:55 +0200

Hi,

Looking at the latest change in CVS

2008-06-08  Robert Millan  <address@hidden>

  * util/i386/pc/grub-setup.c (main): If install drive is an LVM,
  don't append the RAID prefix afterwards.
  Reported by Clint Adams.

I noticed that this might cause problems with LVM on RAID setups.
If you have LVM on a RAID "setup" needs to be called for every disk that is part of the RAID. Now in this case, setup is only called once and not for every disk. I haven't looked if setup takes care of this situation itself but I doubt that. If you look in the archives you find emails dating back to April that already took care of this problem. I wonder what happened to these changes.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2008-04/msg00052.html

Right now I am running a simple Boot on RAID setup so I do not have a problem here.

Kind regards,
Michael