grub-devel

Re: Floating point usage

From: Vincent Pelletier
Subject: Re: Floating point usage
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 22:01:38 +0200

Le Thursday 05 June 2008 17:12:26 Jan Kleinsorge, vous avez écrit :
> Given that GRUB is linked against it. Which is likely as it is a necessity
> when compiling with gcc.

...except if -nostdlib is given to gcc, which is the case in grub2. For the
bootloader part at least, grub-emu is another question.
And there is an except to this except: If -lgcc is specified it will be used,
and it is for the following archs, as far as I can see:
 - powerpc-ieee1275
 - i386-linuxbios
 - i386-ieee1275

So half the supported archs don't need libgcc, I think it's enough to try
avoiding that dependency.

--
Vincent Pelletier