grub-devel

Re: grub_term.checkkey behaviour in GRUB2

From: Bean
Subject: Re: grub_term.checkkey behaviour in GRUB2
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 22:22:39 +0800

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Patrick Georgi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a multiplexer terminal device (which sends requests to
> several terminals in the backend, eg. console and serial in parallel) and
> ran into different behaviour in checkkey on console and serial.
>
> console's checkkey consumes the keypress it returns (if there is one),
> serial's doesn't. What's the intended behaviour?

I think the checkkey shouldn't consume key, as the name suggest.
getkey is the one that actually reads the key. But anyway, I could
have some major work on the console interface recently, so you may
want to wait a while before making changes.

BTW, are you working on coreboot ? I remember something wrong about
the elf program header or whatever, is that fixed now ?

--
Bean