grub-devel

GRUB-1.96 won't boot, boots into rescue prompt

From: Jelle Geerts
Subject: GRUB-1.96 won't boot, boots into rescue prompt
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 04:49:17 +0100

It's a laptop from Acer. It's the Acer 5633WLMi (the one with a
120GB harddrive):
        CPU: Intel Core2 Duo 1666MHz
        Motherboard: not sure about this one

I used GRUB-1.96 on ArchLinux before with my own patch to fix a
lag in booting up and it worked. I have tried GRUB with and
without the patch, neither did work (on Gentoo). While 2 weeks
ago on ArchLinux it did.

Output of `ls` in the GRUB rescue prompt doesn't display anything
at all but a newline.

Please CC me in responses.