grub-devel

RE: legal problem with cs89x0 driver

From: Gregg C Levine
Subject: RE: legal problem with cs89x0 driver
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 17:30:22 -0500

Hello!
This is going to be a real headache.
All of his original packet drivers were released under the GPL; the zip
files contained on his site actually contain the original text of the GPL
there. The problem for the cs89x0 was that it was written for an actual
customer.

Ideally the customer should have gone along with releasing it that way.
However I suspect that the customer if that name still exists may not want
to be released that way. We do need to contact Mr. Nelson and ask him.

Side issue: Robert what mail client are you using this week? It's causing
the messages to arrive here as UTF-8.
--
Gregg C Levine address@hidden