grub-devel

Re: hello command

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: hello command
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 13:14:00 -0500

Quoting Robert Millan <address@hidden>:

It's a good and simple example of how to write a module.  So I think
it serves its purpose.  `echo' has the purpose of being useful to end
users.

If it's just an example, why not exclude it from the default builds?  It
clutters the command list and doesn't serve any purpose to end users.

I'd also suggest moving it to commands/.  It isn't that important to have
its own directory IMHO ;-)

I think echo is a better example that hello. It includes argument handling. It's located in the right directory. It's simple. It's useful. Many other commands are also simple and serve as good examples. I think hello is superfluous.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin