grub-devel

Re: CVS (Re: Redefining GRUB_MOD_GAP in init.c)

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: CVS (Re: Redefining GRUB_MOD_GAP in init.c)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:35:14 -0500

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 12:25 +0100, Marco Gerards wrote:
> Robert Millan <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > I personaly think we should just ditch CVS, because CVS has these annoying
> > limitations, but not try to do something fancy.  SVN is the logical
> > evolution of CVS, so why not just do that.
>
> GNU Arch is supported already:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/GNUArch
>
> It seems subversion is not officially supported yet:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/WhenSvN

Sorry for being late to the discussion.  Subversion is clearly superior
to CVS, but the difference between CVS and Subversion in terms of
project organization is insignificant, at least for a project like GRUB.

Considering that Subversion is not supported by Savannah, I think it's
not worth it to move the repository to another site just to use
Subversion.

A commit that moves a file from one place to another will be understood
by the converters as a move.

As for git, I made a mirror at git://repo.or.cz/grub2.git that is
updated by a cron job every 2 hours.   I make all my patches in my local
git repository.

git can import from Subversion too.

--
Regards,