grub-devel

Re: Treating .old Linux kernels

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Treating .old Linux kernels
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 03:38:39 -0500

Quoting Robert Millan <address@hidden>:

I don't have a strong opinion on this, but I'd opt for trying harder. Skipping
.old breaks compatibility with existing update-grub that is provided with
Debian (and derivatives) for GRUB Legacy, which means there's a big userbase
that has come to expect this behaviour.

Not that I care much about compatibility in the proper sense of the word, but
rather about output that is visible to the user.

OK, done. At least the ".old" issue is visible in the code now and can be handled differently if desired.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin