grub-devel

Re: objcopy fix (for x86_64)

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: objcopy fix (for x86_64)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:20:56 -0500

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 12:57 +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> > >   * aclocal.m4 (grub_PROG_OBJCOPY_ABSOLUTE): Pass `--only-section=.text'
> > >   to objcopy.
> >
> > Looks fine to me.
>
> Uhm actually, I suppose one would need this argument in two separate places
> (the test, and the real thing), which I missed.

It won't work "in the real thing".  There are more sections than
just .text that need to be preserved.

In any case, it will be in the yet to be written conf/x86_64-pc.mk

We need to find the real reason behind grub_PROG_OBJCOPY_ABSOLUTE and
relax the test to only find the original problem without impeding new
ports.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin