grub-devel

Re: serial port

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: serial port
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:43:58 +0200

Marco Gerards wrote:
> Vesa Jääskeläinen <address@hidden> writes:
>> This is the same way it works with gfxterm. You define video mode
>> beforehand of the switch.
>>
>> But there is actually a one architectual issue here... How are we going
>> to support graphical terminal and serial terminal at the same time? eg.
>> allow user to enable multiple terminals...
>
> It's not possible yet.  It would be a nice feature to have.  The
> problem is that the sizes do not match.  Should we use the smallest
> terminal?

Or just completely different ones?

For graphical menu I see that menu system would use different rendering
method than text mode menu. Actually this is a requirement for graphical
menu anyway. Different input methods could be merged after input
translations has been completed. And separate output methods for
specific terminal types? How this would work in reality I have not
thought it yet.