grub-devel

Re: GRUB 2 development

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: GRUB 2 development
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:40:26 +0100

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 06:53:51PM +0100, Marco Gerards wrote:
> Hopefully we can start using a bug tracker soon.  There are many that
> are good.  In my opinion the mailinglist and wiki doesn't work for us
> anymore.
>
> If we have a bug tracker, bugs and patches won't be forgotted until we
> actively close them.  This will fix a serious problem in GRUB
> development.  At the moment I am a bit more active.  But I can not
> promise if I can keep being this active...
>
> Many projects use bugzilla.  Perhaps it isn't perfect, but it does
> what I want.  I just do not have the resources to set that up.
> Perhaps someone else knows something better.

Have you considered using Trac? It's way lighter than bugzilla, and
offers a few other simple features that could ease this project's
management. Finding a place to host trac.enbug.org or whatever domain
would be trivial.

http://trac.edgewall.org/

Jordi
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/