grub-devel

How do I boot a standalone program in grub (a password checker via seria

From: CurlyCoconutTree
Subject: How do I boot a standalone program in grub (a password checker via serial input) before allowing grub to continue booting?
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 09:58:37 -0700 (PDT)

How do I boot a standalone program in grub (1.95) (a password checker via
serial input) before allowing grub to continue booting?  I'm trying to
develop a program that will run, stand alone or with the libraries Grub
gives me access to, parse serial data for a password, store the password to
the MBR, then if valid return to Grub to boot windows... I'm not looking for
a solution, I'm just looking for a place to start!  Grub, is pretty poorly
documented and I wouldn't be posting this is there was more (or I could find
more) info on how to develop for GRUB.  I guess I'd be a 'noob'... I hate
using that term... we all have to start from some where.

-C