grub-devel

Re: Using GRUB2 for booting from CD

From: Alex Roman
Subject: Re: Using GRUB2 for booting from CD
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:43:47 -0400

On 16/08/07, Jeroen Dekkers <address@hidden> wrote:

> Why are you using CHS and not LBA?

The get diskinfo int13 extension will return a grub_biosdisk_drp
structure which contains the c/h/s values along with the total number
of sectors...

On my PC it looks like the drive number is different, I'm going to try
to find the right drive number and query it to see what kind of
response I get.

Basically the problem that happens is that the size of the CD is not
read correctly, so at the kern/disk.c layer the reads are not even
attempted because they "look" out of range, thus causing the iso9660
detection to fail.

I'll also try to fake the size of the CD to see if that helps...

--
Alex Roman <address@hidden>